Restorative Justice Administrator
Volunteer position, part-time
We are looking to recruit a part time volunteer to work as our Restorative Justice Administrator. The administrator will support our staff in the delivery and coordination of Why me?’s Restorative Justice service and campaigning work. The post holder will also support general administration.
We are a small and dedicated team who are determined to make Restorative Justice a reality for more victims of crime. We’d love to hear from enthusiastic people who are keen to get more experience in this area.
We commit to the post-holder having the opportunity to learn new skills, gain experience, access relevant training and benefiting from coaching and mentoring from the organisation’s staff. We are open to placement students seeking a 30 week placement as part of their degree.
The work is based in our offices in London, currently in Borough, SE1. If you have any further questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested, please write to email@example.com, subject heading: RJ Volunteer Administrator, with an up to date CV and we will be back in touch with you.
We are recruiting two Restorative Justice Administrators, one to work with us from June 2019-September 2019, and one from September 2019-May 2020. Deadline for applications is 24th of April at 9am.
The role is unpaid, but we pay travel and lunch expenses.
We will be interviewing for both posts simultaneously.
Personal Specification (Essential):
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability use initiative, to work with minimal supervision and to judge when appropriate to seek advice
- Experience and ability to maintain systems and to use them to report ideally within a secure and data protected environment
- Effective IT skills, ability to use Microsoft Office
Some basic requirements are as follows:
- Be able to write and speak fluent English
- Be empathetic towards Why me?’s aims, values and objectives
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet work demands
- Willingness to attend meetings/conferences/events outside normal working hours.
- Ability to commit to at least four months.
- All staff and volunteers are required to register with the Disclosure and Barring Service (Why me? will organise) and to sign our confidentiality agreement. We will take up two references before you start.
Why me? is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of race (including nationality and ethnic origin), gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
The post holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
Restorative Justice Service Support
- To support the Restorative Justice Service Coordinator in their role
- To support the maintaining and updating of case management records and systems
- To support the promotion of the Why me? service to offender agencies, Police Forces and to the public
- To support the organisation and logistical support of volunteer facilitators
- To support the policy and campaigning work of Why me?
- To write content for the Why me? Website when required
- To support the Social Media and digital communications work of the organisation
- To conduct limited desktop research when required
General Administration Support
- To provide general administrative support to the Why me? Staff team and Director including meeting minute taking, events organising and database working.