Virtual Restorative Justice Seminar
Following the publication of our Virtual Restorative Justice: Good Practice Guide Why me? have organised a one-time seminar to share and discuss how to deliver online Restorative Justice effectively.
With remote-working likely to be the norm for a while longer, restorative providers need to adapt to these new circumstances. This seminar will help you to do that.
The session will cover:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different video platforms?
- How do you manage emotional situations remotely?
- How do you encourage the participants to speak directly to each other?
- How do you manage “informal time” at the end of the conference?
To tackle these issues, we have the following speakers taking part:
- Amanda Bucklow, an Independent Commercial Mediator who will speak about her experience delivering civil mediation online.
- Resolve West, the restorative provider in Avon & Somerset, who will share their experiences of dealing with neighbourhood mediation cases virtually.
- Kent & Medway RJ Service’s Adolescent to Parent Violence Project, about working virtually with young people.
- Positive Steps in Oldham, also about working virtually with young people.
- Why me?’s service manager Linda Millington, and two of our RJ facilitators, to run through the key points from our project on delivering RJ online.
You can book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-restorative-justice-seminar-tickets-125595661003
If you can’t make it on the day, a recording of the event will be available for £35 for you to watch afterwards. Email us on email@example.com to order one.